IWSP’s research and education efforts on the topic of sustainability have a strong emphasis on the human being’s role to realize an energy and resources effective, environment-friendly built environment. We are interested in identifying factors and strategies to unlock the potential towards a paradigm shift necessary for sustainability that cannot be achieved by simply relying on technology advancement.
IWSP’s sustainability research covers the following topics:
- Occupant behavioral impact on building systems performance (including building post-occupancy evaluation studies).
- Passive design strategies and systems integration for building performance and occupant comfort.
- Building control concepts and interfaces between occupants and building systems for demand reduction and occupant behavior interventions.
- Stakeholder interaction and magnitude of impact on building sector emissions reduction (non-technological barriers for the transformation of building practice towards more sustainable).
- Organization strategic sustainable practice and green audits.
- Facility management for emissions reduction and resources conservation.